Every new year I come up with at least one or two resolutions I plan to do in the coming 12 months, but by February, or sadly, late January, they have been pushed aside and forgotten.
The past year was full of amazing highs and some really scary lows, but in the end I’m still standing and happier then I have been in a long time. I credit that to my faith in God, my love from my family, esp. my Hubby and parents and the bountiful support of my friends.
After reading other friends blogs, I decided to come up with my Top Ten of Two Thousand Ten.
They are in no particular order, but they all mean just as much to me as the other. I really hope in the next 12 months I will accomplish these things. I also hope you guys hold me to it!
So, here it is:
Top 10 in 2010, DeLessio’s version
1. Read more. I can’t tell you the last book I read from cover to cover, and that makes me sad. Years ago I helped start a book club and every month I dread seeing the Evite for it. I want so desperately to rejoin but I always make excuse after excuse why I can’t finish the book or attend. I don’t think I will commit to the club, but I do want to at least read one book a month. I plan to start with, Jennifer Weiner’s, Best Friends Forever.
2. Learn to use my crock pot. I know that sounds silly. Come on, everyone knows you just throw a bunch of crap in it and in four hours, Dinner is served. I have never had that kind of luck. I have tried to make several meals, and none have turned out. It’s mostly been used for keeping things warm during parties. If you have any foolproof recipes, send them my way.
3. Get back to going to church. I grew up Catholic and both my children are Baptized Catholic, and my daughter attends, religious education, to prepare for the sacraments, but I really miss going to church. I have had a hard time finding the right church for us. I’m just not feeling at home with any of these suburban congregations. You would think it would be exactly what we would want, we live in the burbs, but it’s just not the same atmosphere I grew up with and miss. I have been meaning to try two parishes in our area, and I think it’s time.
4. Go on more dates with my Hubby. We have been together over 10 years and married 8, and with his job and other business and my photo business and the two kids and their activities, we just don’t make time for us. Last fall when we went to California to shoot Sara and Matt’s wedding and it was such an incredible time. It had been 4 years since we had gone away alone. I want to make it a pack to go on at least one date a month and go on an over-night couples only trip once a year. Friends of ours are planning a cruise in July and we just paid our deposit!
5. Visit Citi Field. The is the stadium where my Amazin Mets play ball! I have been a fan since I was a kid and it was just in 2008 that I went to my first Mets game in their stadium, Shea Field, which was demolished to build Citi Field. It is sometimes hard to be a Mets fan, but I can’t stop loving them. Especially, number 5, David Wright
6. Fit back in my favorite 7 For All Mankind
jeans. I spent an obnoxious amount of money on them two years ago and I miss them so much. I feel so bad that they are just hanging there in my closet. They must be so bored. I know they want to get back out and have some fun and I want to give them that. So, this week I rejoined WeightWatchers
. I want to lose the last of my baby weight. I have been diligently journaling everything I put in my mouth. It’s so hard to get back into that healthy eating mindset, but I have to do it.
This goal brings me to number 7.
7. Run a 5k! I have got to get back in shape. So, number 6 and 7 kind of go together. I can’t find time to get to the gym, even though I have paid training session with my main man, Jay. How sad is that? So, while walking through Sam’s Club
last week I saw the dreaded, Jillian Michaels
, 30 Day Shred dvd. Ugh. The thought of it made be want to hurl. But it was only $8.88 and it’s only 20 minute work-outs. How bad could it be? My hubby and I started it on Monday and let’s say, I could barely walk all week. I want to build back my endurance and strength and also start to train to run a 5k. I know it’s only 3.2 miles, but when you can’t even run to the mailbox, like me, that seems like a marathon.
8. Blog more. I went to the Jessica Claire
One Day workshop last week and the one thing she was trying to ring in our heads, was BLOG More. I can’t commit to it every day, but I will try my best to post at least 3 or 4 a week. I honestly never thought my life was that interesting to write about, but I’m TOLD that people like reading about people’s personal lives and also seeing their latest work. Hell, I can at least post a cute photo of my kids!
9. Beat my Hubby in Mario Kart Wii
. I hate to lose. I’m a very competitive person by nature. Especially, with Jimmy. Watch out on a mini golf course! We got the game last Christmas (2008) and I have never beat him. I am going to make it a point to practice and do it! I will have to prepare a celebration dance if and when this happens.
10. Decide on new flatware. This has been going on for years now. I want new everyday flatware. I have a nice set from when we got married, but after 8 years we have lost quite a few spoons and forks. I think our original service of 10 is now down to six teaspoons. My daughter swears she has never thrown them away(: Henkel
doesn’t make it anymore, and my tastes have changed. I find ones I like and I never want to spend the money. I have very traditional style, but I love modern flatware. I love the squarish round spoons. I just need to bite the bullet and spend the money and get them. It’s worth it. We will use them every day. My guests always have to use plastic for my parties, because I never have enough. I need to put an end to that.
So, there you have it.
My 10 in 2010.
Check back and see my progress. And also if you have your own list or suggestions especially on how to win Mario Kart Wii
Have a great year everyone!